- This event has passed.
13 September, 2022 - 24 September, 2022
Fink’s vast body of work explores historic events, personal experiences and the human condition narrated to us by the media and other central bodies.
13 – 24 September 2022
Tuesday – Friday: 12pm – 6pm
Saturdays: 12pm – 4pm
Tuesday and Friday evenings: 6pm – 8pm
Perspective by Rory Fink opens at fortyfivedownstairs on Tuesday13 September 2022.
Fink has put together an exhibition designed for all budding art enthusiasts looking to make a start in the world of art collecting. The exhibition features an eclectic mix of art created by the artist over the past five years. The vast body of work explores historic events, personal experiences and the human condition narrated to us by the media and other central bodies.
The main feature of this exhibition is Fink’s most recent body of work titled: Perspective. This mixed media series looks at the way in which society lives under the power and influence of the various media outlets, whose published material has decidedly far-reaching effects on how we think, look and feel. The text used in this series is derived from real news headlines from a variety of news outlets, text that is written in such a way to invoke strong emotional responses in the reader. Fink has reimagined and reworked the text to be less specific to a particular topic, but instead to subjects that affect society as a whole.
The backgrounds are a unique style of photography, created through the camera lens. The text is layered onto each photograph using acrylic paint and stencils. The series comprises 10 100.0 x 120.0 cm di-bond mounted mixed media archival images, each ready to hang and add a touch of artistic expression to any lounge or dining room.
Other works in the exhibition showcase Fink’s attention to detail with his use of several mediums, including photography, paint, resin and timber.
Rory Fink Artist
– 2000 – 2002 completed a Bachelor of Arts, RMIT university, Melbourne.
Awards / Achievements
– 2009 Guest Judge for competition aired on GO! TV
– 2003 2nd Prize, Canon Portraiture Competition
– 1998 1st Prize, Herald Sun Photographic Competition
– 1997 1st Prize, Maroondah City Council Photographic Competition
Awards / Grants
2001 RMIT Student Exhibtion
2002 RMIT Student Exhibition
2003 RMIT Student Exhibition
2004 CCP Salon Finalist
2006 Brunswick Street Gallery Art Prize Finalist
2008 Brunswick Street Gallery Art Prize Finalist
2012 Head on Portrait Prize Finalist
2013 Footscray Art Prize Finalist
2015 – 2016 Melbourne CIty Council Creative Spaces Artist in residence
– 2022 Solo exhibition fourtyfiveownstairs gallery, Melbourne
– 2015 Artist Space Sydney
– 2014 Group Exhibition, Gaffa Gallery, Sydney
– 2013 Solo Exhibition, Edmund Pearce Gallery, Melbourne
– 2011 Maningham City Council Galley Solo Exhibtion
– 2010 Phillip B Opening, Doltone House on Jones bay wharf, Sydney
– 2008 Group Show, Sun Studios, Sydney. Australian Landscapes
– Your Health Matters, featured article
– Culture Magazine, front cover and inside story
– Maroondah City Council Chamber
– “Croydon Library”
Commercial Clients / Commissions
Tato & Memi
Castellano Management Group