fortyfivedownstairs Gallery Applications
Submit your exhibition proposal
We are now accepting proposals for 2024
fortyfivedownstairs contains two elegant gallery spaces. The large gallery is a blank canvas, open plan space with two pillars in the centre of the room. The small gallery is also an open plan space, with a single pillar in the middle of the space. The walls in both galleries are painted white and are brick and plaster board. The ceiling is white pressed metal. The floor is hard wood with a waxed finish.
We hold exhibitions of either two or four weeks in duration and have a proposal based selection system.
Proposals are selected by our exhibition committee and are then scheduled by the gallery manager. Please see the gallery application form below for information on what we require in your proposal.
We welcome enquiries about exhibiting at fortyfivedownstairs, please email [email protected] or call us on (03) 9662 9966.
Please do also read the below ‘rates and inclusions’ document in order to be clear our costs and the way we work. You can also read our FAQ (linked below), do let us know if you have any further questions after reading this information.
- Gallery Application process:
- rates and inclusions
- Gallery technical details:
- gallery floor plan
- gallery lighting grid
- gallery technical specifications
- Exhibitor’s resources and information:
- gallery costs and responsibilities
- exhibitors’ timeline
- gallery conditions of hire
- gallery FAQ
- fortyfivedownstairs graphic design outlines:
- fortyfivedownstairs exhibition invitation design guide
- fortyfivedownstairs Visual Standards Guide